Repository 32bit  Forum
Repository 64bit  Wiki

GSlacky 2.26.3 keyboard shortcuts not working...

Questo forum raccoglie tutte le discussioni sul progetto Gnome Slacky (Gnome per Slackware).

Moderatore: Staff

Regole del forum
1) Citare sempre la versione di Gslacky usata, la versione del Kernel e magari anche la versione della libreria coinvolta. Questi dati aiutano le persone che possono rispondere.
2) Citare se discussione/suggerimento o richiesta d'aiuto.
3) Leggere attentamente le risposte ricevute.
4) Scrivere i messaggi con il colore di default, evitare altri colori.
5) Scrivere in Italiano o in Inglese, se possibile grammaticalmente corretto, evitate stili di scrittura poco chiari, quindi nessuna abbreviazione tipo telegramma o scrittura stile SMS o CHAT.
6) Appena registrati è consigliato presentarsi nel forum dedicato.

La non osservanza delle regole porta a provvedimenti di vari tipo da parte dello staff, in particolare la non osservanza della regola 5 porta alla cancellazione del post e alla segnalazione dell'utente. In caso di recidività l'utente rischia il ban temporaneo.

GSlacky 2.26.3 keyboard shortcuts not working...

Messaggioda tftd » lun ago 31, 2009 17:55

Hey

I'm having problem with my keyboard shortcuts. They just don't work. No matter what I change them to they just don't do anything.
I tried to reinstall gslacky couple of times, deleted my home dir to clear all settings but it didn't help me.

I have gnome-settings-daemon/helper enabled at start-up.

Does anybody have an idea why it's not working ?

Thanks in advance,
tftd
tftd
Linux 1.0
Linux 1.0

Slackware: 12.2
Kernel: 2.6.29.4
Desktop: Gnome 2.26.3

Re: GSlacky 2.26.3 keyboard shortcuts not working...

Messaggioda mohaa » lun ago 31, 2009 19:47

Maybe you are refering to
Codice: Seleziona tutto
gnome-keybinding-properties
If TRUE ...
The shortcuts issues is not GSlacky specific. It's a regression introduced in gnome 2.24 series. It may work _only_ for shortcuts dealing with the Windows Manager (show desktop,maximize, shade...ecc) . If you will to use shortcuts for shell commands (for lauching apps) I suggest you to have a look at xbindkeys https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/xbindkeys/
mohaa
Linux 2.0
Linux 2.0

Slackware: 12.1
Kernel: 3
Desktop: Gnome2
Distribuzione: Gentoo

Messaggioda tftd » lun ago 31, 2009 21:32

Thanks for the information!
It's about the media shortcuts. I have "Play/pause/next/previous etc" shortcuts on my keyboard. They were working on 2.24 series but now they aren't working.....
It seems that the link you've posted has a broken download link. Are there any official mirrors ?
Thanks in advance,
tftd
tftd
Linux 1.0
Linux 1.0

Messaggioda mohaa » lun ago 31, 2009 23:23

It's about the media shortcuts. I have "Play/pause/next/previous etc" They were working on 2.24 series but now they aren't working.....
Multimedia keys in Gnome -as used for totem player for example- can go along with standard specs, working system-wide if so set. Look around for some method on how to specify your keyboard type so that the mapping consider special keys (geeky considerations, sorry :oops: )

It seems that the link you've posted has a broken download link. Are there any official mirrors ?
Get the sources from git or svn. Possibly there is this archive http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/xbindkeys/xbindkeys-1.8.3.tar.gz?revision=1.1&root=xbindkeys
Have fun trying it :)
mohaa
Linux 2.0
Linux 2.0

Slackware: 12.1
Kernel: 3
Desktop: Gnome2
Distribuzione: Gentoo

Messaggioda tftd » lun ago 31, 2009 23:53

I don't have problems with mapping the keys.
They are entered into the shortcuts just as they should be. I sort of remembered what key to what refers. With me it's Play = 0xa2. And that's correct. I know from my previous gnome version...
The problem is that nothing happens when you press them. As I said I've tried with different key combination like CTRL+1 ALT+1 and so on..
It just isn't working... :-k :roll:

Anyway I'll try the program you've linked :)
tftd
Linux 1.0
Linux 1.0

Messaggioda tftd » ven set 04, 2009 12:31

xbindkeys didn't quite fix my problems.
It seems that it comes from within gnome itself. I've tried to specify my keyboard but it's not in the list :)
Anyway I found that the keys are working - opened audacious and set shortcuts in audacious and they were working fine... but only for audacious...
If anybody has anything else that may help me ... please feel free :)
tftd
Linux 1.0
Linux 1.0

Torna a Gnome Slacky