Hello and thank you!

Area di discussione libera.

Moderatore: Staff

Regole del forum
1) Rispettare le idee altrui.
2) Evitare le offese dirette.
3) Leggere attentamente le risposte ricevute
4) Scrivere i messaggi con il colore di default, evitare altri colori.
5) Scrivere in Italiano o in Inglese, se possibile grammaticalmente corretto, evitate stili di scrittura poco chiari, quindi nessuna abbreviazione tipo telegramma o scrittura stile SMS o CHAT.
6) Appena registrati è consigliato presentarsi nel forum dedicato.

La non osservanza delle regole porta a provvedimenti di vari tipo da parte dello staff, in particolare la non osservanza della regola 5 porta alla cancellazione del post e alla segnalazione dell'utente. In caso di recidività l'utente rischia il ban temporaneo.
Rispondi
Tom_Haberkern
Linux 0.x
Linux 0.x
Nome Cognome: Thomas Haberkern
Slackware: 13.37
Kernel: 3.0.8
Desktop: Xfce
Distribuzione: Vector

Hello and thank you!

Messaggio da Tom_Haberkern »

Dear Friends,

Thank you to everyone at Slacky.eu for all of your had work. I have found your repositories very helpful.

Also I love Italy very much. I have not been to your country for a long time, and I want to go back and see my favourite places, and also my friends naturally.

All my best wishes to all of you. Below is a photograph of a place I like very much (but I don't have any single favourite place, because there are so many wonderful places in Italy).

Thomas

Immagine

Vito
Staff
Staff
Nome Cognome: Vito
Desktop: MacOS
Contatta:

Re: Hello and thank you!

Messaggio da Vito »

Hi Thomas!

thanks a lot for your message!
If you'll have problems with Slackware ,don't be afraid to open a new thread!

Offtopic: that is a photo of San Gimignano,isn't it?
"Stat rosa pristina nomina, nomina nuda tenemus." [ Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa]

"Faber est suae quisque fortunae ." [ Appio Claudio Cieco]

Savius
Linux 3.x
Linux 3.x
Slackware: Slackware64 14.0
Kernel: 3.2.29-smp
Desktop: KDE 4.8.5

Messaggio da Savius »

You are welcome Thomas! ^^

Tom_Haberkern
Linux 0.x
Linux 0.x

Dear Vito,

Yes, that's San Gimignano. I was only there twice, but it is amazing. When I was younger, I did some traveling in Italy. I took some photos of San Gimignano, but I never scanned them. So I used one from the Internet. I like my country (I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA), and my family and friends are mostly here, but I would like to live in Italy some day.

Also, thanks for saying "don't be afraid to open a new thread!" I've been using GNU/Linux since 1999, but only started with Slackware a few years ago. At first I was afraid of it, but I found some helpful people and now I love it. At the moment I have Vector Linux 7.0 (based on Slackware 13.37) and Slackware 13.37 on my home machine.

All my best wishes,
Tom

-sf
Linux 2.x
Linux 2.x
Kernel: 2.6.37.6-smp
Desktop: KDE

Messaggio da -sf »

Tom_Haberkern ha scritto:...
but I would like to live in Italy some day.
It's not a good idea..! :lol: :p

However.. welcome! :)

teox99
Linux 3.x
Linux 3.x
Desktop: KDE - Xfce
Contatta:

Messaggio da teox99 »

hi Tom!
where are you from?

Tom_Haberkern
Linux 0.x
Linux 0.x

Hi Teox99!

I'm from St. Louis (Missouri, right in the middle of the US). I'll put a map in at the bottom.

-sf joked (I think it was a joke) that it's not a good idea to live in Italy. I haven't been there for some years, but I'll tell a little story about one trip I took. I have a friend named Gianni who is from Avezzano (Abruzzo). His parents are both teachers. I stayed at their house for about ten days once. That was one of the best times of my life. His mother and grandmother made fettucine the Saturday I was there. That was an excellent meal. Afterward we went for an afternoon walk and the went back to their house. I played chess with Gianni's father that night (I lost). We talked about languages. Anyway, Gianni has been here to the U.S. a few times since then, and we also email and talk over Skype. I would like to go back for a year or two. I would need to find work, but if I had some sort of job I would definitely go.

I miss the bread in Italy. I think it's the best bread in the world. I also miss talking to people who know something about Classical Antiquity (Greece & Rome). People here in the US usually don't even know their own history, much less the rest of the world.

Thanks everyone. By the way, I use both Avidemux-QT and DeVeDe from Slacky (and a lot of other things). Some of the time I install from source, but usually only when there isn't a compatible Slackware package. The ones from here always work well for me. I use XFCE (mostly), and the GTK/GNOME package I get from your repositories always work well for me.

Tom

Here's the map:

Immagine

Rispondi