Da quello che leggo nella parte iniziale del file qt-faststart.c
* qt-faststart.c, v0.2
* by Mike Melanson (email@example.com
* This file is placed in the public domain. Use the program however you
* see fit.
* This utility rearranges a Quicktime file such that the moov atom
* is in front of the data, thus facilitating network streaming.
* To compile this program, start from the base directory from which you
* are building FFmpeg and type:
* make tools/qt-faststart
* The qt-faststart program will be built in the tools/ directory. If you
* do not build the program in this manner, correct results are not
* guaranteed, particularly on 64-bit platforms.
* Invoke the program with:
* qt-faststart <infile.mov> <outfile.mov>
* Notes: Quicktime files can come in many configurations of top-level
* atoms. This utility stipulates that the very last atom in the file needs
* to be a moov atom. When given such a file, this utility will rearrange
* the top-level atoms by shifting the moov atom from the back of the file
* to the front, and patch the chunk offsets along the way. This utility
* presently only operates on uncompressed moov atoms.
faststar Ã¨ solo per i file .mov. O sbaglio?