Welcome to the KSlackySearch webpage...
KSlackySearch is (actually, who knows later...) a Kommander script that helps the user perform a lot of searches on the web straight from the desktop...
It is focused on Slackware related searches, and can help the user search both for tgz packages and for entries in the Slacky.eu forum...
The latest stable version is the 1.1 and is available for download on the Slacky.eu repository
KSlackySearch 1.1 changelog extract
Here you can read a few lines from the changelog for the version 1.1 of KSlackySearch, the complete changelog is available here...
- Added the "local tgz search tab", using this tab the user will be allowed to search for already installed tgz, this function is particularly useful while installing programs which requires a lot of dependancies, now you can easily check which one is already installed in your system and skip searching for it over the web.
- Fixed the order by which item on the GUI is selected using the TAB key of the keyboard.
- Changed the way the "Search" button behaves when starting a research, instead of starting it in background (walkthrough used in order to let the button active after a search is performed), now it uses the BlockGUI property (more clean IMHO).
- Modified "Info box", now the text of the GPL v3 is bigger (more readable).
- Modified slack-desc.
- and so much more... check the full changelog here.
what will come next?
KSlackySearch is actually under heavy developement, so if you're interested in it you can check the To Do List that follows and here you'll find every new feature that will be in the next release...
- set up translation system.
- work on the items in the GUI to make them resize smoothly and allow resizing of the window.
- bugfixing (surely there's some)
I'm also planning to include in the application the option to download a file using prozilla also available on the Slacky repository, but I didn't decided yet...
There was the idea to put a tab for searching on linuxpackages and slackbuilds.org, but I'm not sure of these 2 sites and so I've not decided yet on this too...
The easiest way to get KSlackySearch is definitely to download it from the Slacky repository, however if you want to see the "sources" you can get them from this link: kslackysearch-1.1.tar.bz2
I think it's time to show you some image of KSlackySearch; Since I don't want this page to become too fat, here are a few direct links to the images...
"tgz search on Slacky" tab with firefox as the selected browser
"simple forum search" tab with mozilla as the selected browser
"advanced forum search" tab with konqueror as the selected browser
"tgz search on packages.slackware.it" tab with firefox as the selected browser
These are just a few pictures (referring to the 1.0 version) that will show you the features of KSlackySearch, but if you want to try what it can do, you definitely have to download it and use it...